Below is a list of tasks and responsibilities related to the External and Internal aspects of the job.
– Actively manage the customer relationship to foster long-term relationships.
– Manage customer-specific initiatives or sales drives.
– Meet regularly with customers to ensure market intelligence is obtained and the customer is satisfied.
– Implement strategies and actions for new growth opportunities.
– Obtain competitor intelligence information to support own company’s strategic initiatives.
– Investigate and develop initiatives to increase customer spending, supported by the company’s product strategy.
– Develop initiatives with key customers to cement relationships and find ways to increase interdependency.
– Acquire new customers.
– Perform constant market analysis and support clients in developing new products.
– Identify and discuss areas for improvement in client efficiency and relationship.
– Continuously analyze consumer products on the market.
– Travel to customers as needed.
– Update the “rolling wave” 6-month sales forecast.
– Implement all price changes as needed.
– Ensure that the Sales Coordinator is aware of any agreed-upon price changes.
– Agree to monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets for by-products and customer segments (per agreed Budget).
– Gain approval for new products or new customer transactions before committing to the company.
– Monthly statistical review of customer accounts regarding orders placed, sales targets, and profitability.
– Develop and implement a detailed sales strategy for new markets.
– Communicate with head office regularly via Zoom, Microsoft Meeting, or attending sales meetings.